Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Friday, April 11, 2008

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress


The next book I will be reading is called Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie. Sounds like a story that can make you think differently about the world and appreciate what you already have a little more. This is not entirely fiction because it takes place in China 1970's when the "cleaning of the culture" movement had begun. The characters might be fictional, but I am sure they hit very close to what was actually going on. Seems like a short book, but from what I have heard, potent.

ps. there is a movie adaptation of this and even was even nominated for a Golgen Globe award!

No comments: