Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Monday, February 09, 2009

Julie & Julia




Sometimes you get distracted from the things that are really important in life. You work so hard, you have relationship issues, you miss a certain someone, and you forget to slow down. The moments when you do the simplest of things are when you are probably the happiest. This book is re-affirming the notion that simplicity is the key to life. Julie Powell took a Julia Child cookbook and blogged for an entire year about her experience recreating the dishes. I just bought this book and I’m only up to chapter 3, but I have a feeling that it’s going to be inspiring. I picked it up not only because I like Julia Child, but because there is a movie in the works that will star Amy Adams as Julie and Meryl Streep as Julia Child. Now I find myself wanting to know more about Julia Child and I think after this I will pick up the memoirs of her life in Paris…

No comments: