Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Art of the Samurai: Japanese Arms and Armor


Restore your honor by going to the MET and seeing one of the coolest exhibits I have ever seen in my life. Art of the Samurai: Japanese Arms and Armor is on display now and will go on until January 10th, 2010. The exhibit is devoted to the art of the Samurai and is one of a kind because all of the pieces shown are extremely difficult to get. The fact that the museum was able to put all of it together for this limited time is incredible. Items where taken from various museums in Tokyo and from private collections.

Stepping in, the first thing that caught my eye where the beautiful swords on display. They are made with such detail and precision. There is a great video in the beginning of the exhibit that shows the hard work and art that goes into making these swords. After that, I was blown away by the armors and head pieces that were used by the samurai. Each piece shown has a great story behind it and the colors and textures pop out in a way I have never seen before. You will do yourself a great favor if you check this out.

Go online to check out more about the exhibit.

No comments: