Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

It's shabu shabu time

Before this last weekend I had no idea what shabu shabu was. My boo and I ended up watching Lost in Translation and since shabu shabu makes an appearance in the movie I was enlightened on what it is. Basically, it's thinly sliced meats and vegetables that are cooked in boiling broth, then if desired dipped in different sauces. I like this kind of food because its interactive. You get to play with your food, make it, then eat it. I went from not knowing a thing about this to being super excited because this coming weekend I will finally have my shabu shabu and eat it too!


Here's a list of some restaurants with this type of dish so you can get your shabu shabu on too.
I'll update on Sunday and spill the beans on where I went to eat.


Shabu Shabu 70
314 East 70th Street, 212-861-5635

Shabu-Tatsu
216 East 10th Street, 212-477-2972

Swish Restaurant
88 West 3rd Street, 212-777-8808

**Update: I ended up at Naniwa, on 46th between 5th and Madison and it was unbelievable. Not only did we eat all you can eat shabu shabu, but we had unlimited drinks! The sake was great and the restaurant itself is pretty authentic. Naniwa's main draw, aside from the food, is that they have traditional Japanese rooms where you sit on the floor on a tatami and eat. it's a great find. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: