Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Otafuku takes us to Tokyo!


(Above: Manny poses in front of Otafuku, a hot serving of yakisoba with ginger on the side)
Wanna take a trip to Tokyo for free? Get a load of some authentic Japanese street food from the people at Otafuku. They are the only people I've seen so far making Okinomiyaki (fried pancake with cabbage and pork or shrimp, Yakisoba (fried noodles with shrimp and scallop and scallions), and Takoyaki (fried balls that can be plain, with cheese, or filled with octopus). If it was up to me I would go here once a week because there is a little anime cartoon inside of me, fer sure. The taste is very different from American type fast food and it's all about the sauce.

PS. This is not a place where you can sit down. You have to take the food with you, hence the tittle of fast food. I've been told that people in Japan usually have this with a beer and sit pretty much anywhere.

OTAFUKU
236 E. 9th Street- near second Avenue, New York, NY
212-353-8503

7 comments:

jean said...

Forget the grub! Manny's HOT and looks tastier.

Ruddy said...

Don't try and steal my man Jean! lol. Bute yeah, Manny tastes better than any Okinomiyaki I've ever had. haha. he's going to kill me when he reads this.

:el fano: said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm good! I love love LOVE this place! =) [and yes.. with my japanese beer]! xo xo :el fano:

Ruddy said...

Jean, if i start dancing at random moments like the people in that scene from the movie Beetlejuice I will come after you! lol
I have been eating like a nasty glutton, but a workout plan is in effect. Just you wait. After the holidays my man and I will be ready to wear Dolce and all things fabulous! haha

Unknown said...

I love this place!!! Takoyaki with dancing bonito flakes put a big smile on my face;D n makes me feel like I'm in my motherland!
Go and grab the best ramen at Ippudo btw!

coin-operated ninja said...

a friend brought me to this restaurant when i was in nyc last spring... had a blast!

Ruddy said...

I am already planning my return. I need my Yakisoba fix.