Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eating healthy/ Feeling fabulous pt.1- Tofu "egg" salad

The Park Slope food Coop has teamed up with The Natural Gourmet Institute in a class designed to make healthy meals in a hurry. Thank you Luisa for bringing me to this amazing workshop. The event was led by health counselor Juliana Brafa. I know many people don't think healthy food can be tasty (I was one of these people), but in the last 2 years I have learned a lot about the unknown. Tofu can taste like anything you want, veggies are delicious, and you don't need to diet like a madman if you eat things that your body can process and breakdown. I liked this class because it gave me great ideas on how to incorporate healthy foods into my current diet, meaning it is not exclusive. I will be sharing some of the recipes given that day so you can try them at home. I just made this Tofu "egg" salad last night and not only was it easy, but I wanted to eat the entire thing when I was done. Honest, just try it. You will be making a new batch in no time.

Tofu "egg" salad
1 pound firm tofu- roughly mashed
2 tbs chopped parsley
2 tbs mayo or vegan mayo
2 tbs sweet relish1 tbs olive oil
4 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard
1-2 scallion finely chopped
1 clove of crushed garlic
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt

Procedure: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir and mix until you get the consistency you like from the Tofu. The more you stir, the less chunky the salad will be.

See how easy this was? It will last you about 3 days if you put it in the fridge. One day you can have it with toast for breakfast, another day you can have it on crackers before your dinner or as a snack, and another day you can make a banging sandwich to take to work ;-)
Stay tuned, I'll be posting more as I make the rest of the recipes.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

mmmm, sounds soo good! i'm an egg salad lover but not so much tofu. i'll def try this and maybe that'll change. Thanks!