Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Everyone needs a little Ground Support


Cristina has once again proven her loyalty to me by introducing me to a relatively new coffee shop called Ground Support. Pretty clever, right? We stopped by the cafe last week to catch up and chat, but while I was waiting for Cristina to show up I had the most interesting thing happen. I fell in love with a cookie. I am not usually a cookie person. I can be a cake person or a chocolate person, but cookies and I usually do not mix. The only other cookie that I would fight someone over is the Alfajor cookies at the Aroma cafe on Houston. This was a ginger cookie (of all things) and not only was it nice and soft on the inside, but the cookie itself seemed to be talking to me. It's smooth ginger flavor was not overpowering, as ginger flavored things often tend to be. In the minutes that I sat there alone, waiting for Cristina, I was so involved with the cookie that I almost forgot I was waiting for anyone at all.

I also had a great coconut/almond tea that left me wanting more. Cristina says she keeps coming back here because the barista makes a heart in her coffee, but I think it has something to do with the flavor as well. The fact that they have a sandwich special is also a good incentive to check this place out. Do you really need any more reasons after the account I have given on this ginger cookie? Well, maybe the cool pieces of tree trunk furniture will lure you in.

Ground Support
399 W Broadway(between Broome St & Watts St)
New York, NY 10012
(212) 219-8722
Hours:
Mon-Sun. 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

No comments: