Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Independence Day Dominican Republic!


On this day, like a million years ago, Dominican Republic got it's independence from Haiti. It seems like my people never caught a break. First, they were torn apart by the Spanish. Then Haiti takes over. Then dictator Trujillo kills who knows how many innocent people AND then the U.S.A invades (providing Dominicans with their fascination for baseball). A lot of stuff has gone down in that little island. I'm surprised it's still there, but I am shocked at how little attention it is given in the history books. Dominican Republic has been an island of firsts in America.


Make sure you go out and have a PRESIDENTE beer today and celebrate. That's what I'll be doing at Paladar tonight in the lower east side.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

word up to the dominican independence...