Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Monday, November 30, 2009

Go see Precious right now

I finally got to see Precious! The movie was as graphic as I expected and at times I did feel a little uncomfortable. I expect Monique to get an Oscar nomination for this very emotionally charged role. Monique really takes the movie to a level where you don't expect. You want to hate her character because of all the things she does, but at the same time she herself is a victim and is now making her daughter precious become a victim to make herself feel better. The saddest part is that situations like the one in the movie are all too common. I almost felt like a fly on the wall in one of the Harlem projects of the late 1980's where the movie takes place. At the end of the day the cast did an amazing job and this movie really made me give thanks to what I do have in my life. This is probably the best Thanksgiving movie in disguise. Realness, mixed in with the hope to better oneself no matter what the odds.
Go watch Precious NOW!

2 comments:

jean said...

I've heard so much about this movie I'm looking forward to see it when it hits my country but at the same time I'm a little nervous.I've been told its brutally frank and heartwrenching with an unpleasant dose of incest.However like you said there's a lot of talk of an Oscar for Mo'Nique who plays the Mother.I've seen Gabourney on Conan(YouTube)and she seems delightful and far from her role in Precious.She even has an enchanting giggly Valley accent!
Anyway I'm prepared to be shocked and moved.I was told Mariah Carey is surprisingly good in the film too.

Ruddy said...

mariah was pretty good. Did you know Lenny Kravitz also has a small role in the movie? It's a must see and everyone is going to be talking about it when the Oscars come around.