Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Kandinsky @ the Guggenheim

I have to be honest and say that before last week I had no idea who Kandinsky was. I just found out this week because I ended up at the Guggenheim museum and he is the artist who is on exhibit. I liked a lot of the artwork, but 2 things really stood out for me. The first was the amazing "Several Circles" painting. This painting has such an amazing pop of color that it is almost impossible to ignore it. The second is a tidbit i found while reading through the information provided by the museum about Kandinsky's life.

"He noticed that music could elicit an emotional response without a connection to a recognizable subject. This experience led him to believe that painting should aspire to be as abstract as music".

Makes you think about what goes on in artists minds. Genius.

1 comment:

jean said...

I often confuse Kadinsky's work with Miro who's equally entralling.Keith Haring(RIP) was a big fan of Juan Miro.