Spreading FABULOUS to the masses...

Contact Me!

Have a question, comment, or idea you want to run by me?
Hurry up and email me already.
ruddy83@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

La Malagua honors the Mexican lottery

In Puerto Vallarta I saw an article about a past exhibit done by a group called La Malagua. they had the idea to re-imagine the Mexican lottery and came up with 54 different new cards to showcase. The article was about a year old, but I went to the arts center anyway (El Cuale Cultural Center) and was lucky enough to talk to Ireri Topete, who is one of the group members. She directed me to Hotel Belmar where I got my hands on a set for 300 pesos (less than 30 dollars). All I need now is a nice frame to place some of the cards in. They are a great piece of art because not only do you get something fresh looking, but also something that has a lot of culture and thought behind it.

http://www.colectivolamalagua.com/

No comments: